We are Novitas Gallery Ltd., a Virtual Fine Art gallery registered in Hong Kong SAR, with registration number 2972315 and our registered address Room D, 3/F, Thomson Commercial Building, 8-10 Thomson Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
Information we gather:
- Contact information including first name, surname and email address
- When purchasing something from us: information in relation to your purchase and contact details for shipping such as your address
- Information you give us in person at events and art fairs, by filling in forms on our site, such as the contact us section or to sign up to our mailing list, or by corresponding with us by phone or e-mail
- Information related to your attendance at our events and art fairs
- When browsing our website: your IP address, your browser type and language
- Social media handles
How will we use your information?
- To fulfill online orders and purchases
- To send you emails containing information and updates about Novitas Gallery
- To send you newsletter emails containing news about Novitas Gallery’s upcoming exhibitions, news or events
- Respond to any communications you send us
- Gain a clearer understanding of our users and how they interact with the website; and help improve our website
- Internal record keeping
- To perform contracts we have with you
In each of the above cases this is either in our legitimate interest, (including marketing our services) and performing our contracts.
Keeping your information safe
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online We are required to keep certain types of personal information in order to fulfill our statutory obligations, such as financial records relating to purchases. We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as it is in the gallery's legitimate interest to do so. We review all personal data and our retention periods regularly to establish whether we are still entitled to process it. If we decide that we are not entitled to do so, we will stop processing your personal data however we may retain your personal data in an archived form.
Controlling your personal information
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so
- If we hold joint events with third parties we might need to share your data in order to send you an invitation, but we will ensure that your data is not disclosed by that third party by means of a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) we hold with them
Your Rights and Unsubscribing
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation 26th May 2018 by emailing email@example.com
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and we will promptly update any information found to be incorrect
- You have the right to unsubscribe from any emails we send you. If you would like to remove your email address from our third-party email database (ArtLogic) please unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of the newsletter, or email us directly at: email@example.com
16 or Under
If you are aged 16 or under‚ please ask your parent or guardian's permission before providing us with any personal information.
Cookies and Google Analytics
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser, which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. Unless you do this, cookies will be issued when you use our Site, but you can delete them via your browser at any time. If you do not accept cookies, or decide to delete them, you will still be able to access and use the Site but you won't be able to save any items. You can also install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On to prevent Google Analytics cookies being set, which is available for download here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. If you follow a link and leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back once in a while to see any updates or changes to our policy.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments relating to this policy or our website.